Women and Diverse-Owned Businesses
Strassburger McKenna Gutnick & Gefsky is committed to the advancement of women and minorities, including women and minority-owned businesses. As part of that commitment, the firm proudly offers deep experience in issues of importance to women and diverse-owned businesses, including certifications those businesses may hold or pursue based on their size and ownership.
The firm can assist your business in obtaining and maintaining certifications such as:
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE)
- Small Business through the Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Small Disadvantaged Business through the SBA
- Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB)
- Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB)
- SBA 8(a) Business Development
- SBA HUBZone
- Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)
- Airport Concession Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE)
Services offered include, but are not limited to:
- Consultation regarding your business’s eligibility for various certifications.
- Review of certification applications.
- Corporate matters related to ownership and control.
- Appeals of denials of revocation of your certification, including to the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Changes to certification- adding additional owners or lines of businesses, including changing or adding NAICS codes.
- Defense of challenges to certifications.
- Interstate certification- obtaining certifications in multiple states.
- Guidance on the sale or transfer of a business or shares of a business when certifications are involved.
- Succession planning.
- Preparation for on-site visits by certifying agencies.
- Challenges to certification based on affiliation with other companies.
- Navigating issues involving gifting of shares of ownership.
- Change notices.
- Challenges on the size of the business.
- Challenges to certification based on the personal net worth of owners.
Please contact Danielle Dietrich at (412)227-0284 or email@example.com to discuss how the firm can assist your women and/or diverse-owned business.